The following describes how Means Wealth Management (Means) handles your personal information, and what steps we take to protect your privacy. We do not use your personal information for marketing purposes.
Who We Are
Means Wealth Management (Means) is a Maine Corporation with offices at 802 Stillwater Avenue, Bangor, Maine, 3 Houlton Road, Presque Isle, Maine and 330 East Coffee Street, Greenville, South Carolina. We are a U.S. Registered Investment Advisor.
Access to customer information is authorized for Means’ business purposes only. It is based on our need to know such information in order to provide products and services to you. We require our employees who have access to customer information to protect it and keep it confidential.
Collecting Information To Conduct Business
Means collects information about you to help your Investment Advisor serve your financial needs, provide customer service, offer new products or services, and fulfill legal and regulatory requirements. The type of information that we collect varies according to the products or services you request and may include:
- information included on your application and related forms (such as name, address, Social Security number, assets and income);
- Information about your relationships with us (such as products or services purchased, account balances and payment history).
We have an active security program in place designed to safeguard this information in accordance with established federal and industry security standards and procedures.
In the course of conducting business, we may disclose some or all of the previously described information about you to our custodian and executing broker, Fidelity Investments, to non-broker businesses, and to other businesses including non-affiliated third parties, as allowed by law, for the purpose of:
- providing customer service or account maintenance;
- in response to a subpoena, to prevent fraud, or to comply with an inquiry by a government agency or regulator, and
- to perform services for us or on our behalf to develop or maintain software.
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you to anyone, except as allowed by law. Your confidence in us is important and we want you to know that your personal and account information is safe. If you have questions or concerns, please contact us.